Sunday, January 29, 2012

Another Re-Write: The Name of the Game

Citi Pond, the free-admission ice-skating rink in Bryant Park

My latest assignment for TONY was another blog post about things to do in the City if you're making last-minute plans.  I'm getting closer to what they're after, i think.  I threw in a little humor, since the events we were suggesting both had 1980's themes.  I referred to it as "that bygone era of perms and mullets" and later suggested that attendees "dig out those acid-wash jeans and slide on those leg warmers" .... well the powers that be liked my theme so much they chose to tack on "feel free to describe fellow gliders' (ice skaters') moves as totally tubular and bodacious"  Ummm--I think they're beating a dead horse by taking it another step further.  Where's the rhythm?  But what do I know? I'm happy to have some published by-lines!


Have a great weekend, Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment